The Challenges have been selected. Please make sure that the turning you bring in for your respective tables has not been turned prior to this announcement. The purpose of this is the make the Challenge something unexpected. So, no pulling something off the shelf!
Are you up for the Challenge?
We choose an item (box, bowl, rolling pin etc.) or a theme (sweetheart, autumn, toy etc.) that our members go home and attempt to turn on their own lathes. Then they bring it to the club meeting for the membership to vote on and choose a winner.
- April 22nd – 2 x 4 Challenge – Standard building grade 2 x 4
- July 1st – SUMMER FUN – Anything turned that reflects some aspect of the fun that is available during the summer months, Example: sand bucket, umbrella, beach ball, swim tube, backyard pool, etc.
- August 26th – Turn something that reminds you of Summertime! Anything goes in this themed challenge.
- September 23rd – HALLOWEEN Anything turned that brings to mind some part of the Halloween season or Fall in general. Example: pumpkin, ghost, fall harvest, etc.
- December – SNOW FLAKE Anything turned that displays the diversity, delicate beauty, symmetry, and lace like appearance of what we have come to picture as a winter snowflake.